5/5/11

Larkspur Overlook, 8x8

Larkspur Overlook, 8x8" Pastel on sanded paper ©Brenda Boylan

The Northwest finally had some spectacular weather for ONE DAY! Wow, it was so beautiful that a few plein air buddies and I took a 1 hour drive to Catherine Creek, WA. to paint the wildflowers in bloom. The blue Larkspur was beginning to show it's color along with some beautiful low laying pink flowers and sunflowers too. I've never been to this location and was happy to spend such a day there painting in the warmth and surrounded by great views. Catherine Creek is right on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge, across from Hood River, Oregon. Then it was back to overcast today. Yuck!

I'm excited for this Saturday's quick draw at the MHCCF's auction event 'Springtime in Paris'. I've been told there will be around 450 attendees who will see my work in progress which will make the live auction at the end of the evening. Should be an interesting night and will let you know in my next post how it all pans out. My other artist friends Michael Orwick and James McGrew will be painting in the event, so should be a lot of fun!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

I love Catherine Creek..you captured the day!

break a leg at the quick draw auction thing, Brenda!

5/5/11, 10:43 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Double thanks Celeste!

5/6/11, 11:03 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hi Brenda! It's Katie Kortge (now Artz) from way back in the Jantzen Men's days! It's been so long! I saw your blog on Facebook thru Traci Marciano. Wow, your work is beautiful - congratulations on your success, much better than swooshes and diving girls! I am living in Philadelphia, my husband works for Urban Outfitters which is based here, we have two daughters and we just moved here from LA a year ago. Before that we were in San Francisco, Wisconsin, Belgium and Tokyo! Alot has changed since I saw you last! How old are your kids now? I hope all is well with your family and would love to hear from you! Hugs, Katie

5/6/11, 1:39 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Katie, WOW!
I'll email you the scoop.
Glad to be in touch again what seems like another lifetime. b

5/6/11, 4:45 PM  
Blogger Ida M. Glazier said...

Beautiful work done on Catherine Creek! Wish I were there, I follow another blog by Donna Van Tuyl who also just did Plein-air on Catherine Creek, Wash- - -must be a vary nice place to paint!! Love the light vibrating on the mt.

5/7/11, 11:10 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Ida,
Donna was with me and Thomas Kitts (an oil painter). Although we arrived there much later than Donna...we missed the turnoff (poorly marked construction) we were still able to get a great view and was such a beautiful day. I'll have to drop by Donna's blog to see her finished piece. Thanks for stopping by.

5/7/11, 12:20 PM  
Blogger Donna T said...

What a beautiful place to paint! Your painting has a very fresh feel and great sense of distance, Brenda. Good luck with the quick draw event. You must have nerves of steel to do that!

5/8/11, 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home