11/27/11

Beyond the Curve, 10x8

Beyond the Curve, 10x8" Pastel on sanded paper ©Brenda Boylan

Yesterday I spent the entire day clearing out my studio and making "new" of it again. I'm not sure who lit the match under my seat, but I got into it seriously. It all began last week with a few paintings that I washed off because they no longer represented my current work and there was nothing I could do to save them. So wash them off I did...and then the whole box of paintings had to be evaluated as well as the box behind the box that had to be sorted out and mat boards tossed and so on. I wiped down surfaces (pastel dust) and rearranged my art collection on my shelf as well as put my older iMac on the shelf to view images to paint from. Gratefully I was able to get through it all in one day and put all the necessary things back into their places. I now have a newfound creative energy in my studio. Let it flow baby!

My special place to work.

Drafting board with small set of studio pastels, empty easel, iMac and hepa filter on the lower shelf, mounted boards and art collection on upper shelf.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brenda, this type of clearing out the clutter is so important to rejuvenating creative energy isn’t it? That’s it now…my goal for this week is to do the same!!!!! You may have started a global studio tidy up revolution (lol). Sorry I have not commented on your work recently, but I have been looking at your blog when time allows and I just love your paintings.

11/28/11, 12:17 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks for dropping by Maggie.
Now all I have to do is de-clutter my computer image files. Bleh!

11/28/11, 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a beautiful painting, i love how you put colours together.
it is a catharsis, tidying the studio:) i did that a few weeks ago and am back to where i was because i need shelves to store paintings on

12/5/11, 1:01 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Rahina,
Yes, it's always a work in process...never ever ending! Thanks!

12/5/11, 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home