12/12/11

Red Head


"Red Head", 12x9" Pastel on sanded paper

Even though I never embraced it as a focus in my art, I've always loved drawing people. As a kid I'd use family members as my models, as long as they were in agreement to sit long enough for me to draw them. I remember as a child being reluctantly dragged to church services only to be entertained when the preacher would give his sermon at the podium. There he would stand long enough for me to draw him because, well, I was bored. In my corporate days as a designer, long meetings meant sketching time too, and sometimes it was only the back of someone's head. I love it when I can be the "spy" and make something of my time. Here is a model from a couple of weeks ago, a red head. I'm not entirely happy with it but heck, I do like her saucy red dress.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

Great job on the redhead, Brenda---she does look saucy!

12/12/11, 7:52 PM  
Blogger Kim Vanlandingham said...

Amazing colors!

12/13/11, 9:01 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Celested, saucy like tomatoes!
Hi Kimberly, thanks bunches.

12/13/11, 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home