1/30/13

A bit of SSP (aka Shameless Self Promotion)

"NW 23rd at Johnson" 8x10, Oil

Last year, the Plein Air Convention was first launched and was widely attended by plein air artists from across the globe. When I first heard of it, I longed to go but reasoned it was not worth the expense. As the date drew closer, I became more convinced that I must go and gathered my gear and set out with some like minded artists. I'm forever grateful that I did because of the inspiration and friends I made there is still strong and growing.  I am honored and excited to be included as a Demonstrating Field Artist for this years event and lineup.  Imagine learning and painting alongside artists Kathleen DunphyKen Auster, Scott Christiansen, Kim Lordier,  Ned Mueller, Camille Przewodek, and so many other talented artists too many to list? I strongly encourage you to attend if you can figure out how to make it a reality. The event will be held April 10~14th in the beautiful California coastal town of Monterey.

Above is a plein air painting (unfinished) from last fall and I'm not sure if I had ever posted it before. Looking at it now, it reminds me of the warm, dry weather we had and the fun I had with the other artists as we painted and chatted along. There were several pedestrians around, curious about art being created on the spot. Not a common sight for the general public to see, but if you are ever do catch us about, do stop by and say "Hi."

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger TSL said...

It is perfect just as it is.

2/2/13, 8:34 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks TSL. I'll leave it as it is. :)

2/2/13, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Diana Moses Botkin said...

What a luscious sunny study, Brenda!

2/6/13, 2:10 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Diana. Glad that it reads like a hot summer day.

2/6/13, 2:55 PM  
Blogger la fin du siècle said...

Did you do this in July perhaps, at the same time the PAM featured their regional plein air exhibit?

2/8/13, 11:09 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

La fin, No, this was painted last Sept in the trendy NW area on 23rd street.

2/9/13, 7:49 AM  
Blogger Carol Josefiak said...

lovely painting. It must have been wonderful to be at the Plein Air Convention

2/14/13, 12:07 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Carol,
Yes, the Convention was so inspirational. It's hard to convey the awesome overall feeling of energy of creativity. Try to make it happen this year (April) if you can, you won't regret it!

2/14/13, 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home