7/5/08

Greenwaters, Oakridge 8x10


Greenwaters, Oakridge 8x10 SOLD

We stopped along our way back home in a small community called Oakridge, Oregon for an ice cream before we made our way back up the I-5 corridor. A beautiful area with a small public park provided a great place to rest from our travels, and provided an easy access river for the kids and my husband to fish in. This piece took me the full 1 1/2 hour road stop to complete. The water there had this beautiful hint of green to it and my son later discovered the stones in the water had a greenish-aqua tint to them which is what gave the river its' name. This was my first time ever painting a river plein-air, and I think this one works. Although the shoreline where the stones and water meet possibly needs some adjusting.


...and here is my view of the river with my work as a comparison...

4 Comments:

Blogger pattrsnd said...

Lovely painting Brenda!

7/24/08, 9:30 PM  
Blogger loriann signori said...

Beautiful work Brenda! I visited your website and enjoyed your blog. I feel your work is fresh, vibrant, abstract, yet still with real feeling. This little one is a beauty.

8/5/08, 3:52 PM  
Blogger bullwinkle said...

I like your painting better than the real view. Fortunately, that is often the case.

8/22/08, 4:47 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks David, Loriann and Bullwinckle for your generous comments on this little one. I'm framing it and it will be up on show in my Open Studio this coming October.

8/22/08, 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home