2/16/09

Dune Path (study), 6x6


"Dune Path, study" 6x6" Pastel on sanded paper

As I sit in my cold studio this morning, I long for much warmer days. Even thought the sun is out, and spring is on it's way...I still linger for the heat of the sun, wearing shorts and tank tops, painting plein air and sipping a frosty drink. Sounds like I just took a mental vacation. This little painting reminds me of the times at the beach at Greyhound Rock, CA. where we'd go as a family to romp in the waves and play hide and seek in the grassy dunes. Always returning home with a suburn and sand to wash off. Oh, those were fun days!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger loriann signori said...

Hi Brenda,
Beautiful color...especially the violet in the shadows and the sky..in fact it touches everywhere. Not only is it a beautiful scene,but your color harmony makes me look and say, "ahhhhhhhhh" Nice.
I love your quote by Robert Rauschenberg. It is SOOOO true.

2/17/09, 5:06 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You make me long for those warm days too...
I really love the violet shadows here, and as Loriann said, the overall color harmony happening.

2/25/09, 12:16 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks, ladies!
It's so nice to read your thoughts on this.

2/25/09, 12:22 PM  
Blogger r garriott said...

Oh! I love your purple shadows under the grass. Wow.

3/20/09, 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home