7/14/09

Bastille Day Paint-out

"Saturday Pentanque" 12x9 Pastel on sanded paper

"Bastille Day Bistro" 12x9 Pastel on sanded paper

photograph by Carla Axtman.

Last Saturday, I spent time at the Bastille Day celebration in the Pearl District of Portland. They sure did make me feel like I was in France, with the waiters' race, the musicians, and Pentanque players....and the food! Oh, the food! I started out with these Pentanque players (French version of Bocce' Ball) and was soon circled by many onlookers as I painted. It doesn't bother me one bit, for I really love to visit and share my work with the curious at heart. I never was that great with figure work, so I just tried to get the general gestures of these people. At the cafe there were probably 8 different people sitting during my time painting, but those that made it in this piece were there long enough to get a seat. The lady in the red top and blacked out sunglasses gave me some vin rouge on the house. Now that made my day! Vive' la France!

1 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

You did an exceptional job of capturing Bastille Day..! beautiful!

7/18/09, 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home