12/19/11

Old Friends, 12x12

"Old Friends" 12x12" Pastel on sanded paper  ©Brenda Boylan

This past week has been pretty crazy preparing for the holidays with my family as well as me not feeling so well, so I'm posting a painting I did some time ago.  It was painted in late July of 2010, at the farm house of my artist friend Donna.  There was so much to paint on her property, I'd love to sometime spend a week there painting it all!

Recently, I was asked how often I get to paint while also having to raise a family.  Well in all honesty, it's pretty hard to juggle. I compare it to juggling bowling balls, or spinning plates like a circus clown, and at times it really feels like I am.  I fit my artistic time in like a neat little puzzle piece or a spoke in a wheel.  It just has to be a part of my life, just like food or sleep.  Although I sometimes feel deprived of sleep from staying up late or waking up early for those beautiful sunrises, the same goes for my art making.  This week is one of those!  Nearly two weeks have gone by and I'm finally getting my energy and time back. I have a clean studio and a new large panel on the easel, I've got a good two hour stretch ahead of me so I'm running into the studio right now!  What keeps you from creating?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cmichaudart said...

lovely piece, and i find that when I fret over not painting the work gets worse...catch 22! Hope you feel better soon.

12/20/11, 8:55 AM  
Blogger Donna T said...

Very nice trees, Brenda. We just moved and I feel like I am crawling up out of a hole, trying to find my way back to being an artist. I marvel at how you are able to fit in your artistic life with your family life. If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy, right?

12/20/11, 11:48 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Cindy!
You know, it IS a catch 22! I finally had time yesterday to put pastel to paper. All is right in the Boylan household now. LOL
HI Donna, thanks. Moving just turns our world upside down. I do hope you are able to wade through it all before the end of the year. And yes, you know Mama!

12/22/11, 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home