11/28/12

Reworking and evaluating, Interseeding Clover, 24x24

"Interseeding Clover",  24x24" Pastel

Life at my house is getting less hectic and more routine as we settle into the colder months. For the artist part of me, that means quiet studio time, the occasional show, as well as studying or experimenting on new techniques.  I have a lot of peices I wish to do over again, some of them works that I have stashed away for one reason or another.  My gallery in Tacoma, American Art Company, has requested more 24x24" pieces and I have a couple in stock as well as pieces that I want to paint that are stored in memory.  The piece below is from earlier this year that was created as a warm up for a quick draw event at the Allison.  I finally pulled it out to see if it was gallery ready, and I couldn't believe the difference in what I saw a year ago as compared to what I see now in my own work.  We are always growing with each painting, and with that, our eyes see differently.  Perhaps it's the daily experiences we encounter or from our own growth out in the field as we paint along. So, I reworked the piece below and here is it's facelift, above. (I can't believe I'm comparing painting to vanity, but perhaps it is all in vain, eh?)



So "Crossing Clover" is no longer available. "Interceeding Crimson"will be available at American Art Company in the coming months.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home