2/27/13

Crossline, 12x12

"Crosslines" 12x12" Pastel  ©Brenda Boylan

I live in a suburb just outside of Portland, OR. called Beaverton. The city of Beaverton has never had a centralized hub, and so for the past 4+ years, community volunteers have been working hard on revitalizing it's "downtown". Actually, there really is no true downtown as it's had it's share of quick growth and misplaced strip malls. Ah, but I did find this little spot that was bathed in sun and has more or less a vibe of the buildings in the core area of the city. I stumbled upon this 60's style building last fall with my pochade box all ready to paint, but the wind was a bit brisk so I decided it would have to wait. Here is my studio piece of that location as taken from photo.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Lally said...

Love this one, Brenda! Well, I actually love all of them.

3/14/13, 5:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This one jumped out at me. I like this scene.

3/16/13, 2:21 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Crris, thanks for stopping by and commenting. So glad you like my work.
Hi Kevin, when I cam upon this spot I saw a strong composition and great color! I thought "What's not to paint in this"? Thanks for dropping by.

3/16/13, 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home