9/19/13

ART Elements video, Favell Museum Invitation

A quick video on "Why we paint plein air"

This is the last week of the Willamette Plein Air Showcase at ART Elements Gallery in the wine country of Newberg, OR. If you have not visited this show, you should!  It's such a great treat to see the work, with four individual perspectives by artists Don Bishop, Romona Youngquist, Michael Orwick and myself. I hear that the Willamette Valley is much like the rural areas of France, but without the passport, so perhaps a Sunday drive out along with some wine tasting is in order. So come on out and see why we love to paint this region called the Great Northwest before the show closes on September 21st.


Somehow I got on somebody's radar.  I don't know how, but a while back I was asked if I would like to be included in an Invitational Show along with a selection of West Coast artists at the Favell Museum.  Are you kidding me? Of course I would!  I would be delighted to hang my work in a Museum's Invitational Art Show and Sale.  Feeling kinda special here now I guess cuz I'll get to hang with some of my friends, Don Precthel, Theresa Andreas O'Leary, Michael Orwick, Michael Gibbons, and fellow pastelists Dawn Emerson and Ilene Geinger-Stanfield.  The museum will host a 2-day opening with a variety of activities and lectures to launch the month long show. For the opening, I will be demonstrating a plein air painting on the Klamath River just outside of the Museum walls on Sunday, Sept 29th.  Perhaps you may be in the area to stop by the show?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home