11/22/08

By Way of Water (study), 6x6


"By Way of Water" 6x6 Pastel

There's something about tree tops that I've been paying more attention to lately. This gravitation to a subject or object and studying it intimately is how I learn about being a more effective painter. I am discovering that they are a bit lighter on the top, like the sun has put a veil over them, and they are a bit blurrier too. Something like a little smudge of the pastel wouldn't cure. I think if I give them a light dusting on the tops, gives the trees a heightened effect. Available unframed through Paypal, $75.00.





2 Comments:

Blogger loriann signori said...

Brenda, Your work is truly beautiful and I have admired from afar for a long time. I am tagging you to join us in the blogger's game of inspirational tag. To learn the rules of the game just click on the link to my blog.
Happy painting,
Loriann

11/29/08, 5:55 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Gosh...Loriann, thanks for the TAG! It always amazes me how people find my blog! I'm really grateful for your visiting. Hope to see more of you online! Yours truely,
Brenda

11/30/08, 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home