7/19/10

Hillsboro Plein Air paint out results.

Corner of Main, pastel on sanded paper, 12x9"

Went out to get some plein air exercise this past Saturday at the Hillsboro Plein Air 2010 event hosted by the Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council. Quick and fun was on my mind, with a nice finish in the end (an artist's reception). The first image is a somewhat abstract view of one of the city's more older buildings. I have never felt that architectual perspectives were in my painting vocabulary especially because I love the organic landscape, but with being subject to the rules and boundaries of the downtown city, this is what I picked. I was attracted by the awning with the wires and supports with the brick and mortar structure. It has a somewhat lefthanded slant to it, being that I'm a strong right handed painter (I'll fix that later).

After finishing this one, I made my way to the Walter's Art and Culutral Center to submit my piece with a lot of time to spare.

Sun Sketcher, pastel on sanded paper, 6x6"

So, I set up on the lawn with several other artists who were painting a Tableau Vivant of a woman sketching who was dressed in vintage clothing. The winning results of the event are posted here.

Next weekend, my work will be at the Hughes Water Garden Invitational Art Show located in beautiful Tualatin, OR. The ever-so summery Garden Party is on Friday July 23rd from 6:30 till 8pm. Bring your sun hat!

On Saturday July 24th, I will be at the Beaverton Farmer's Market painting with the Artists' Against Hunger. 30% of all art sales benefit the Oregon Food Bank. So get your fresh summer grub and feed the poor at the same time!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger loriann signori said...

Hi Brenda! Beautiful abstraction! Good luck at your upcoming show!

7/22/10, 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home