7/7/10

Beaverton Creek Waterway, 16x12, and summer distractions!

"Beaverton Creek Waterway" 16x12" Pastel on sanded paper

I've been saving this piece for a couple of weeks to post when I got too busy to paint! I can't imagine not painting for any stretch of time, but as my summer schedule has been playing out, I knew there would be a week or two of no painting time. This one was painted at the same location as Beaverton Waterway a couple of weeks back but with a different perspective.

What has been taking up my time? My summer has a number of Saturday paint-outs and a workshop scheduled (cancelled!) and a few shows to hang, but what has been consuming most of my time is the kids...AND, we are hosting an exchange student from Spain for the month! Because of the additional visitor, there are many fun distractions that have pulled me from studio and plein air work. What I enjoy most is the evening conversations over dinner. We have introduced her to junk food and sugary children's breakfast cereals...we plan on spoiling her with all American hot dogs, cracker jack and a pro-baseball game. I'll probably make some jello and top it off with whipped cream. Yuck! The fourth of July, shopping, parties with other exchange students...all fun, but consuming of time. You get the picture.

When July is over, I think I'll collapse!

4 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

it's so fun to read about your busy family life--there ARE things to do BESIDES painting! (really????--haha)--but seriously, I am sure you will get back to "production" soon enough. Enjoy your summer, you deserve it!

7/10/10, 7:25 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hey Celeste, I've got a few plates to spin that I could hand off to ya, for a try? LOL!
It has been a fun one, but I'm screaming inside from lack of creating! Will be out today at a paint-out in full gear! Can't wait!

7/10/10, 8:40 AM  
Blogger Caroline Peña Bray said...

The perspective in this is just fantastic! I can feel myself being drawn in...Great work BB!

7/20/10, 12:28 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Carolyn! It's always nice to read what others see in my work. :)

7/20/10, 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home