6/16/11

Archway to Jackson Bottom, 12x9

Archway to Jackson Bottom, 12x9" Pastel on sanded paper

This week has been pretty busy with wrapping up all the loose ends from my trip to Los Gatos and preparing for more upcoming events. I did have the liberty to go out and plein air paint (this one above) just once more before my kids are home from school for the summer months. At this point in my life, I'm just wishing I had a wife to do all the little things that I'm asked to do while I'm working on my art. If anyone knows where to get one, without all the strings attached, then just holler, wouldja?

On a more serious note, this little colorful one was painted in the thicket of a forested area (Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve) looking out onto a more open area. When I had completed this piece, I came out from under the shadows and the color just blew me away. With all that grey in the sky from the overcast sky, I just had to let the color ride, working mainly with value in mind. A good day was had by all!

This Saturday, I will doing a painting demonstration at The American Art Co from 12-4:oo pm. I plan on painting a large 24x24" from this small study...

Rise From Water, 6x6" Pastel on sanded paper

Upcoming events include a pastel demo at The American Art Co. this Saturday, a solo show at Elsinore Gallery in Salem, OR., a group show "From Sea to Shore" and a Quick Draw (July 1st) at Caswell Gallery. So if you are in the area, come on out and surprise me like some of you have graciously done!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

work work work, that's all you do! haha! j/k...I love both these paintings ...that green is totally wow

6/16/11, 11:06 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Do you have a wife for me Celeste..? I could really use one to clean my house and take care of the kids! This art stuff is way too addicting! LOL!

6/16/11, 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Vanessa said...

Beautiful paintings!! I hope your painting demonstration goes well. I would love to have seen it.

And I know what you mean about having so many interruptions from painting. I always say that I need an assistant.

6/17/11, 5:47 AM  
Blogger Casey Klahn said...

Even van Gogh had a maid! That's what I need.

Good luck at your Tacoma demo, Brenda. It will be a special event for the viewers!

6/17/11, 7:03 AM  
Blogger susan putnam- jensen said...

I have lost track of where you are but good luck as always. And I'll have an order of those energy pills your taking pls.

6/17/11, 11:57 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Vanessa. Yes, I compare it to spinning plates in a circus. Could use a few hands though. :)

Casey, Van Gogh had a maid? What would it take in this day and age. (hopeful thoughts)

Susan, When I went gluten-free back in March my energy level just rocketed! Many benefits... Clear thoughts, food tastes flavorful, more energy, feel good, etc.

6/17/11, 1:23 PM  
Blogger Kim Vanlandingham said...

LOL! If you got a wife, she would just need a maid, or an assistant!!!

6/20/11, 8:50 AM  
Anonymous unikorna said...

Breathtaking, I am happy I discovered you :)

6/22/11, 11:52 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hey Kimberly, bring it on! :)

unikorna, Thanks for stopping by. Glad I can share my work with you.

6/22/11, 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home