12/10/12

Weekend recap

A portion of the display of my work at Caswell Gallery

Coming down from a very busy weekend of holiday art events and I'm beginning to consider that I need a vacation from myself.  I had 5 events on the calender from Thursday to Sunday but I only made 3 of them and I'm feeling pretty tired, but very happy.  On Thursday, the Caswell Gallery VIP and quick draw event with artist Michael Orwick was a lot of fun. Caswell hosted their past clients to a fun evening of food, music and a quick draw/silent auction of our works created within about an hour. 

Artist Michael Orwick and myself preparing to paint a quick one.

Finished painting, sold painting, happy artist.

 Finished work ...  (Can't remember the title) 10x8" Oil  Sold

Then on Friday, Caswell Gallery had their First Friday Art Opening. I had a competing event at Art Elements Gallery that same evening, but I opted to return back to Caswell due to the following of customers and the amount of work hung. Thanks to all those who showed up to the First Friday opening, you made my evening!
Cathedral Park Place Holiday Sale

Then back at it again on Saturday morning for The Cathedral Park Place Holiday Sale.  I had several beautiful works for sale at reduced prices.  The paintings are framed in a style that I no longer employ and it is just too expensive to replace them for my future shows, so I have reduced the prices.  Here are just few of the pieces remaining for sale with FREE shipping in the Continental US.




Today I'm headed into the studio to work on a few pieces and then off to pick up the kids. No vacation plans yet, but perhaps a nap would help.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lindstrom said...

Sounds like a whirlwind, Brenda. I am really glad it turned out well and you were able to move some work. Great job!

12/10/12, 6:51 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Michael,
It's been a whirlwind yes, but loving every minute of it. I still need a break and hoping that when the kids are out for Winter Break, I too will be able to step back and chill. Will I see you around town in a painting session at Kat's?

12/10/12, 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home