4/29/08

"Pears 3" 6x6


"Pears 3" 6x6 SOLD

I'm wanting to get back to my color studies again that I first started back in December of '07 and here it is almost May! So, here is a broken color study I did tonight with steps. I really used some fun colors in this piece and tried to capture the freshness of the image. Oh, the original image was taken from the Reference Image Library on Wetcanvas.


I decided to paint a blue underpainting this time around simply because the reference image has a cool tint to it which I originally was attracted to. Here, I have done a light sketch with a dark pink pastel pencil.


This is what I call the "ugly stage" of the piece. I'm blocking in the values to define the shapes. This includes the background too.


At this stage I'm giving the pears their shape by shading in their girth and also beginning to give them the color they really need. Lookin' good so far from here...


And now for a punch of bold color to give it the excitement it needs...because pears can be boring. I also finished up with a few details of pear spots. Details, details.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Regina Calton Burchett said...

Very nice, Brenda - I love the energy in these pears!! Thanks for letting me post them on www.pearathon.com!
Regina

1/8/10, 4:48 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

You bet!

1/8/10, 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home