12/22/08

Estuary at Dusk, 24x24


"Estuary at Dusk" 24x24" Pastel on sanded paper

I've been hesitant to post this one painting for some time now. It's been sitting in my studio since my Open Studio back in October. This is a different direction from my usual waterscapes, adding a sunset and trees. And the clouds...boy are clouds difficult to paint! During Open Studio I had it near completion and on display with a "title" suggestion box so that my visitors could help with a title. Well, here it is, and I'm still not so sure on it being finished but I'm just going to jump in and post it anyway! However, I am sure of the title that was selected from an entry by K.C. Rumble. There were some very good suggestions, but this one seems to fit. As promised, the visitor [K.C. Rumble] who submitted the winning title will receive a fine 12x12" Giclee' reproduction of this piece. So, thanks K.C. for such a great title!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Miki Willa said...

This is a beautiful painting. You did a great job with the clouds. I have enjoyed looking at your work, and will continue to visit.

12/24/08, 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home