4/8/09

Local 14


"Satin Slopes" 6x6" Pastel on sanded paper.   SOLD

Things are a 'brewin in the studio lately. First, I'm so happy to announce that I was accepted as a guest into Local 14, a long standing show featuring the work of 95 women in the Oregon area. The idea of Local 14 originally came when an artist living in Lake Oswego, Janet Almy, had a broken piano and needed to earn money to repair it. So she held an art show in her home with 13 other women. The show sold out and the rest is history. Local 14 has developed into a long standing show featuring the work of women, and has been grown to a 3 day event and is often considered an art collectors yearly pilgrimage. Show dates are listed on the right in "Upcoming Events".

This new piece, "Satin Slopes" is a combination of two inspirations. I am going to break from my "Variations" series and paint this one large 24 x 24" so I have something to submit into the NPS International show. Hopefully I can paint it in time...submissions are due April 18th!

Tomorrow, I am hosting Leadership Beaverton for a studio visit. The future leaders of the Beaverton community tour different aspects of our city and I have been selected as one of the destinations for the "cultural" tour. The studio is cleaned, wiped and dusted, and the art displayed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miki Willa said...

This is a beautiful painting. The shadows under the trees really invite the viewer into the painting. I love the rolling hills and the colors you have used.

4/14/09, 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home