5/4/09

Duet, 6x6


Duet, 6x6"  Pastel on sanded paper

I've been side stepping my farm series this week, taking a quick break with this small still life piece of pears.  I'm actually preparing for the Local 14 show where I will be showing several still life paintings of fruit.  Even though the show won't be until October, I still like to be ready to "hang" well before the installation.  This one is a bit interesting because the variety of textures/techniques used to make the different surfaces.  The resource photo comes from the Reference Image Library on WetCanvas.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Janelle Goodwin said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I'm so impressed with your work! I'll definitely be checking your blog from now on.

5/5/09, 3:18 AM  
Blogger Regina Calton Burchett said...

Brenda - I've added your wonderful pears to www.pearathon.com - these are just beautiful - the light is very impressive!
Regina

1/8/10, 4:46 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

HI Janelle, thanks for your kind words on my work. I do hope to hear every now and then!

Regina, thanks! Hope to see you online!

1/8/10, 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home