5/4/09

Duet, 6x6


Duet, 6x6"  Pastel on sanded paper

I've been side stepping my farm series this week, taking a quick break with this small still life piece of pears.  I'm actually preparing for the Local 14 show where I will be showing several still life paintings of fruit.  Even though the show won't be until October, I still like to be ready to "hang" well before the installation.  This one is a bit interesting because the variety of textures/techniques used to make the different surfaces.  The resource photo comes from the Reference Image Library on WetCanvas.

3 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I'm so impressed with your work! I'll definitely be checking your blog from now on.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Brenda - I've added your wonderful pears to www.pearathon.com - these are just beautiful - the light is very impressive!
Regina

B Boylan said...

HI Janelle, thanks for your kind words on my work. I do hope to hear every now and then!

Regina, thanks! Hope to see you online!