9/24/09

Haldeman Pond & Haldeman Waterway, 6x9


"Haldeman Pond" 6x9" Pastel on sanded paper

Yesterday was so beautiful! The weather was just right for a mini paint-out with my painting buddies Gretha and Bev. We took a 20 mile drive out to Sauvies' Island and parked ourselves for 2 1/2 hours at Haldeman Pond. The sky is much more warmer in color today because there is a fire burning in distant Lane County. When I woke this morning to a red sun, I knew the paint-out was going to be interesting. This little pond is part of a wildlife refuge that is open to the public only during the summer months. We saw sandhill cranes flying above with their long necks and huge wings.


"Haldeman Waterway", 6x9" Pastel on sanded paper

I took the liberty to eliminate some of the distant trees in this one so some of the sky could be painted. I used a very bright orange for the underpainting, and I'm thinking this warm tint works great for warming up the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home