The Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2010 is a highly anticipated, competitive plein air event, where 40 juried artists take in five scenic locations throughout the Columbia River Gorge. I have been selected to participate in this event and I'm really EXCITED! Can you tell? (A little shameful self promotion & horn tooting!) Spectators are welcome to observe the artists at these locations:
- Thursday, August 26: The Gorge White House in Hood River, OR
- Friday, August 27: Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, OR
- Saturday, August 28: Springhouse Cellar Vineyard in Mosier, OR
- Sunday, August 29: The Dalles Mountain Ranch at Columbia Hills State Park, Klickitat County, WA
- Monday, Aug. 30: Downtown Hood River, OR
Anyway, following the 5 days of painting the Northwest's "Barvarian Alps", the artists will be displaying their completed works at the Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River, Oregon. This year's show will be juried by Ned Mueller who is highly regarded in the Plein Air community. The event is highlighted on September 2nd with a special Collector's Preview Party and you are invited to attend! To attend the preview party, click here for reservations.
If attending the Preview Party is not your cup of tea, then come along with me to attend the September 3rd Artist's Reception at the Columbia Center for the Arts from 6~8:00 pm and is free of charge.
So if you love plein air paintings, observing artists at work, and the Great Northwest, then I do hope to see you there!