8/16/10

Lost and Found 12x12", Hillside Attendance, 16x12

Lost and Found, 12x12" Pastel on sanded paper

Life is getting back to normal for me, whatever normal is. With my family needs comes little time to paint, but in the process of being back in the groove comes along a lost and found painting from the chaos of the workshop. Posted above is the finished piece from this post. This was an independent study from the workshop, returning back to the Walnut Grove for more study on lost and found edges. I think I got some of that going on here and then some. I'm not sure if it needs any additional work, so I'll put it aside and return to it sometime later with renewed eyes.

Hillside Attendance, 16x12" Pastel on sanded paper

I did get back out and paint again twice this past week with my friends Michael Orwick, Romel Delatorre, and Gretha Lindwood, but it was so hot I couldn't think much about the process of painting than the heat on my skin. One of the destinations was one of my favorite views from the workshop, a hillside that sweeps down in beautiful waves with crisply cut wheat and an occasional fir tree that hesitates the view. I love this spot!

Beaverton Waterway, 16x12" Pastel on sanded paper

And again back at the Beaverton Waterway, nestled in a business park. I had to paint this one under 96 degree direct heat! Augh, it was hot! Next time, umbrella, you will be my best friend!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love all of these! must be wonderful to see the world through your eyes :)

8/17/10, 2:53 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Rahina! There is always something worth painting all around me, just takes more time to see it!

8/17/10, 3:15 PM  
Blogger Becky Joy said...

The workshop must have been wonderful. I looked at your paintings and knew that it must be OR. (I'm from the Portland area)

8/18/10, 7:34 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Becky!
Thanks for stopping by. Yes the workshop was wonderful, I'm still digesting in all the information. I see that you are in Arizona, what an adjustment in climate! Hope you stop by again!

8/18/10, 9:25 AM  
Blogger loriann signori said...

Beautiful sensitivity to that tree. Nice.

8/24/10, 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home