5/21/12

Quiet on the Lake, 11x14

"Quiet on the Lake" 11x14" Oil

This past week the weather was beautiful in Portland, so I went out to paint several times to get in some  much needed plein air time.  I'm still experimenting with oils and finding them increasingly more interesting, with so much to consider.  I'm currently using a Kevin Macpherson pallette (painting 101)  of Ultramarine Blue, Cad Yellow Light, Cad Red Light, Alizarin Crimson, Thalo Green, Portland Grey Deep, Medium, and Light, Chromatic Black and Titanium White. I imagine over time I will find the colors that will be unique for me, but for now I'm just focusing on experimenting with different palettes from painters I deeply admire. This one above was the more successful of the batch, painted on Sauvie Island (again my favorite place to paint).  Now the weather has reverted back to rain so I sat down at the easel in my studio today and worked on a pastel piece I started as a demo.  Here is just a peek of what's to come...

I have an interesting story that goes with this figure, so stay tuned...

Also, I'd like to invite you to an opening this coming June 1st.  It will be at Caswell Gallery from 5:30~9:00. I will demonstrate my painting process to the crowd, surrounded by fine bronze sculpture and live music.  Come on out and enjoy!  Info on the right----->

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home