7/29/12

Revisiting "Break with Color" 16x12

Break with Color 16x12 Pastel ©Brenda Boylan

Here is a piece I did back in 2009 at Shore Acres State Park on the Oregon Coast.  I think I may have posted this back in '09, but thought it was worth the re-post.  It's been a super busy summer with the kids at home and to be clearly honest, I haven't had any time to paint, and so there is nothing new from the easel. I think I'm going crazy from not painting! Especially since the weather has been supremely beautiful here in Oregon. Although not soon enough, I do have a couple of fun painting events I look forward to that have kept me focused.  The Oregon Invitational (see side bar---->) hosted next week by the Portland Art Museum on August 4~5th in the Park Blocks of downtown Portland.  And then there is the annual Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2012 event coming the end of August.  This event is always a favorite of mine because of all my neighboring artists usually join in the fun. Even if they are not juried, they are still welcome to paint together en plein air.  This year I am staying in an apartment complex with 7+ other artists.  Now that sounds like a vacation at best!  If you live in the Portland area or are interested in plein air painting the Hood River area, let me encourage you to join along and make it a holiday. Painting locations should be posted on their website here.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

Love that beautiful painting...it is definitely worth the re-post! I'm looking forward to the same events...it will be a blast...I'm sure!

c

7/30/12, 7:22 PM  
Blogger Sergio Lopez said...

Very nice painting Brenda! I can see why you would want to show it off again! ;)

8/5/12, 9:13 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks both of you! It was a painting I did after a long time away from the easel and I was so thrilled the weather warmed in early spring. Glad you two like it! :)

8/6/12, 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home