1/13/14

"Nearly Home" 12x16" and Pastel Workshop news

"Nearly Home" 12x16" Pastel

This past weekend I headed out to Eugene, OR to do a demonstration at the Emerald Arts Center in pastels. In an effort to encourage artists to attend my upcoming workshop in March, I chose a colorful palette of purples and blues.  I'm not sure just why I gravitate to certain colors, but the cooler hues of purple and blue seem to be in nearly all of my pieces. Why is it that one will choose to pick a certain color scheme or rage of hues? I for one, think I tend to pick cooler colors because of one silly observation about my personality: I am highly enthusiastic! Perhaps it's because I have a fiery personality and need to "cool" it down a tad? Heck, I don't know what it is about the cooler colors, but I love how soothing they are.  Calming to my eyes and peaceful.  What colors to you prefer?

What:  Explore pastels with my "Pastel Punch!" workshop
When:  March 21-23rd, 2014
Where:  Emerald Arts Center
500 Main Street, Springfield, OR
Cost:  $325

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sergio Lopez said...

I love that piece!

1/14/14, 12:55 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Ahh, thanks Sergio. I was just thinking about how much purple it has... Perhaps a bit too much, but just a fun piece to have painted. See you soon!

1/14/14, 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home