1/7/17

Cattails, 14x14


"Cattails" 14x14" Oil on canvas panel (plein air)

Brrrrr. It's winter alright. Here in Oregon we are being treated to the coldest temps in a long time. Makes me wish for the heat of summer, but I think I'd even settle for mild temps of Fall. I painted this scene last October at the edge of a swampy wetland on the property of a horse stable. I went there to paint horses, but came home with a cattail painting.  Subtle greys, inspired with a hint of warm and cool colors.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Berry said...

Lovely painting. I love the muted colors and the soft lighting.

1/8/17, 6:06 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Stephanie, it was a really pretty Fall day outside when I painted it with hints of chill and a bit sunlight.

1/8/17, 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home