9/11/21

Life's Not An Act!

 A Show-Stopping . . .


. . . Year  
(recap from Jan 2021)
 
Well, my friends,  If you were to find one WORD that would define 2020, what would it be?

At the beginning of each new year, I take some time out to write down a list of goals I'd like to attain. Sadly, I had never looked at my 2020 goal list again.  As I am writing this, I just pulled out my list of goals for the first time since I wrote it and I'm surprised at how lofty they were. I almost want to say they were unattainable but were more like a misguided thought.  At this point I realized, I just need to be grateful I have one life to live.  If you could rerun what went right, what might that be?  I would imagine it must have been pretty much an individual activity?  Like throwing a temper tantrum or running in circles?  HA!  How about learning how to ZOOM or facetime?  For the most part, accumulated show cancellations were what slowed me down. Waaa a a  a  y  down.

On a brighter note, last year provided me a lot of time to think, learn, and reassess just what is important. I am so grateful for my husband and all my children...including a new kitten.  I had time to really focus on my personal health, yet exercise evaded me. Motivation slipped a bit, but so did the days of my life.  So, what day is it anyway?  We all endured 2020 together, and I am happy to turn over in bed and wake up.  So what one word would you call 2020?  For me, it was "Suspend"  Life is not a soap opera, nor does it offer a "re-run" or a "fast-forward" button. So let's take it easy on ourselves.  One. Day. At. A. Time.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home