3/10/09

Evergreen Colors (study), 6x6


"Evergreen Colors (study)" 6x6"  Pastel on sanded paper

Sometimes you just have to paint something!  The feeling one gets when making something just for the fun of it is like playing an imaginary game as a child.  This playfulness should be embraced, otherwise we crush ourselves into a little box and conform.  I played with this one piece and had a lot of fun. Even though I wouldn't call it a masterpiece by any means, it's still a colorful piece.  I have to be honest with you here, in the beginning I struggled with it giving up my first intentions, then played with it..."just have some fun!" I said to myself.  So try to play a little today, giving yourself the freedom to mess up.  You might discover your masterpiece!

3 Comments:

Blogger Miki Willa said...

I love the water and how the different reflections dance around. I also really like the colors in the nearest group of trees. There is a strong sense of depth and fullness to this group. Overall, this painting really works for me. I like it.

3/11/09, 6:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Then I will call it a masterpiece for you! That violet snaking through it is truly masterful.
I agree that sometimes we just have to play, and not worry about the outcome.

3/13/09, 5:30 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks you two! At first I wasn't so happy with it, but after posting it up onto the computer screen, I saw that it has some nice qualities. I wasn't so careful with this one, maybe that gives it the qualities that you seem to like. Anyway, thanks for your kind thoughts!

3/13/09, 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home