12/14/09

2010 Lake Oswego Chronicle Invitational

The other day, I received an invitation to participate in an Invitational Show. An "Invitational" is when the artists are selected and invited to submit to a special show, this one being the Lake Oswego 2010 Chronicle Invitational. Evidently, they found my name and searched me out. I often wonder where, who, or how they find me with so much competition out there to get recognition. Hmmm.

Anyway, I went out to Lake Oswego and thought I'd take some reference photos of some of the city's landscapes. I've been interested in street scenes...the ordinary, boring, unflattering curbsides of our lives. But of course there are the many beautiful water subjects too to select from. Is there one that you like or would like to see for my entry? Don't be shy! Vote by commenting! Thanks!


Roadside, State Street


Riverview


Picnic View


River view II


Shoreline Shade

2 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

this is great Brenda...Dave (Burbach) got invited too--! It is a great project. I can't decide which scene you should do...which one are you leaning toward?

12/21/09, 3:52 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

I've been leaning towards the last one...Shoreline Shade because it has a strong composition and I think I could have some fun with that haze through the trees. After looking at these for the past week, I also am liking Picnic View for the same reason...the morning haze. Still not sure, but there is no reason why I can't just do two and pick the best of the two for my entry. Go figure.

12/21/09, 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home