3/19/13

Proper Pansies, 6x6

"Proper Pansies" 6x6" Oil

Over the course of several weeks I've painted a lot, but shamefully I haven't blogged about it at all. Zilch, nada, nuthin'. It seems that there is so much to do and so little time. Too bad we can't buy more time somehow like it was a commodity, but then it wouldn't be so prized.  What would you do with it?

"Proper Pansies" was painted last week at Studio 30 during the "still life" session. Officially by my own calling, I'd categorize this time at Studio 30 as a time of good friends and conversation much like a tea party, but with paint. The small black teacup with the pansy decoration and gold gilded inner lining was from my Grandma's collection. It just glows in real life and so I tried to capture that luster with some Cadmium Red Med, Indian Yellow and a tiny touch of a green mixture.  The toughest part of this still life was trying to capture that inner glow of the light streaming through the yellow china cup. I think I got it...well, kind of.  Anyway, the yellow china cup I picked up at the Goodwill, a great place to find interesting things to paint.

One of the time consuming things I did during my blogging absence was listing with DailyPaintWorks.com. Also called DPW, it was developed by blogger Carol Marine and is quick and easy to list and simple to use. The art is varied, categorized and priced with either a set price or at auction. I have signed up to DPW to find a venue to release the hoards of art that I have in the studio that I must rotate. There are some really nice pieces starting just at a low $50 each. So, do stop by often as I post new work weekly. Link to the right---->

Here are a few listings with links to each auction....






Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

Love those teacups!

3/21/13, 12:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Celeste, it was fun painteing them along with you too!

3/21/13, 6:58 AM  
Blogger Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's very fun to see what you've been up to lately, Brenda. I especially like "Cusp of the Day"... such wonderful light and mood you captured.

3/22/13, 10:35 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Diana, thanks for dropping by! The painting Cusp of the Day was painted early in the morning. Hard to capture those fleeting colors while mixing paint.

3/22/13, 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home