12/11/07

Color Study #3


"Color Study #3 6x6"

I'm now working in color schemes, trying out a complimentary palette with yellow and purple. Complimentary colors are colors that lay directly across from one another on the color wheel. Like green is to red, or blue is to orange. That kind of color study has always been my favorite combination. The actual photo reference I took of this scene has a much more "cooler" temperature to it and it actually didn't have a spoon in it either, so I had to imagine a spoon with that kind of lighting on it. Hopefully, it comes across as "really there" even though that is not the premise of this study. I struggled with my typical tight rendering, grasping on to any looseness to the piece. I just gave up and decided not to fight my tendencies to realism. Anyway, here is my palette below.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home