12/16/09

Beaverton Showcase entries

"Duet" 6x6" Pastel on sanded paper

"Being Sour Has it's Benefits" 6x6" Pastel on sanded paper

I'm happy to announce that I got a painting (or two) accepted into the 28th Annual Visual Arts Showcase. The Showcase is a regional show that attracts artists from the Northwest area and is held in the beautiful Beaverton City library. This has been an elusive show for me for the past 4 years, and it was all my doing, you see. For one reason or another, my work didn't make the cut because of slide prep, secondary work, or I was too busy to enter and let the submission date pass. It goes to show that I have got to be more organized and on top of things. And I thought I was organized! Augh! Confessions of an artist! Anyway, you may have seen these two in previous posts.

The Showcase artists will be honored at an opening night gala on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 from 6:00 till 9:00 pm. More info can be found in my "Upcoming Events" to the right. I hope to see you "locals" there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the bright colors. I also have dusty fingers, but in Massachusetts.

1/22/10, 3:42 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks for the comment! It's always nice to meet another "one of the clan" from around the country and the world!

1/22/10, 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home