2/20/10

Beaverton Wetlands, 12x9


"Beaverton Wetlands" 12x9" Pastel on sanded paper

When the weather starts to get sunny in the Pacific Northwest, it's like heaven on earth! This morning I got a call from my painting buddy Gretha and we gathered a few other artists for an impromptu paint-out. This is my first time out this year, and I felt so rusty. Although after a half hour at the easel I began to settle down. The hardest part is trying to figure where all my plein air supplies are after the winter studio pieces have had their turn. As I was digging in my plein air bag, I stumbled upon a Corona beer cap! I had to laugh out loud because it immediately took me back to my painting trip to La Pine last summer! Gretha and I had been out painting on that sunny day and the weather was getting hot. We each had to whet our whistles with a bottle of suds from the cooler. Oh, what fun it was to stumble upon that bottle cap in my bag!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a wonderful start to plein aire, i love how you manage to get each element 'in its element'!

2/22/10, 11:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Seaver said...

This is a lovely painting! Your color is so fresh and vibrant.

3/2/10, 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home