2/10/10

Color Scheme Designer

I found an incredible online tool that I want to share with you! It's called Color Scheme Designer and I found it on a forum on WetCanvas. I'm not getting paid to promote this, but am posting it to share with you because it looks like an invaluable tool.

It sorts out colors by monochromatic, compliment, triad, tetrad, analogic and accented analogic schemes. You can adjust the colors saturation and brightness like you would in Photoshop, but the interface is so easy that even I could use it! Check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger loriann signori said...

Interesting idea Brenda. Have you ever used it when planning for a painting?

2/11/10, 6:10 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

No I haven't yet. I just found it and I think it could be really helpful, at least in the planning stages of a piece. Have you ever read the book "Mastering Color" by Vicki McMurry? She has incredible color sense and is a very talented painter. A good book to have in the library!

2/11/10, 8:02 AM  
Blogger Amanda Makepeace said...

Very cool! I'm adding this bit of info to EBSQ's Friday Five. Check out the blog tomorrow!

http://blog.ebsqart.com

Amanda

2/11/10, 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home