8/23/10

Up in 10, & Pre-preps!

Morning Path, 10x8" Pastel on sanded paper

Came back from a weekend camping trip with the family and had the best of intentions to paint A LOT! But the East side of Mount Hood is breezy, if not down right windblown! So I decided I'd probably work in the morning times when the wind is resting. Woke up at 6:20, with eyes propped open with toothpicks, and set out to paint...with NO WIND! I had already picked out my scene and left my belongings there ready to set up in 10 minutes so I could catch the light at daybreak. By the time I had the piece blocked in, the sun began to stream between the trees like a relentless searchlight. I was a happy camper to say the least!

Midmoring Path, 8x6" Pastel on sanded paper

Later that morning, I went at it again. By the time I finished this one, the wind began to blow hard again! I wondered if this was the same famous wind that blows the windsurfers down in Hood River?

This week on out, I have been preparing my frames and mounting boards with a new product that I discovered. I am now using a sheet of dry mount paper (new) that I apply to my Museum Boards, then affix the Wallis to these prepared boards. I will be working on these boards for this coming weekend at the Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2010 Event in Hood River. They are cut to drop right into a Plein Air frame with Anti-Reflective glass and backing. Easy as that! I love the Pre-prep process and the freedom it gives me to relax and enjoy this upcoming weekend.

4 comments:

Donna T said...

Both paintings are really nice but that first one ... Wow is that ever gorgeous light! Good luck and Happy Painting this weekend!

loriann said...

Hi Brenda,
The top one has a beautiful feeling of light. Good luck on your upcoming plein air event!

B Boylan said...

Thanks Donna! The light moved in real fast and just as I had hoped it would! Glad you like it!

Thanks Loriann, I do hope the event will be a smooth one too. These are the times that I wish I had a laptop with wireless so I could blog about the days events. :(

Celeste Bergin said...

I love the vibrant "signature" Brenda Boylan colors!