12/20/10

West On Canyon, 20x16"

West On Canyon, 20x16" Pastel on sanded paper. ©2010 Brenda Boylan

Been painting like crazy this past week, producing two pieces with a video to accompany my work. The studio has seen more activity than usual and it's because I have a few pieces to complete for a show coming up in February that I didn't know I was in. How can that be? I blame it on lost/misplaced emails. Like last week's post I value my iMac, but it's a two way street with my computer and me...a love/hate relationship. Or is it operator error? Seems that's the way things have been going with my technology lately. Anyway, here is a piece from a shot I took on the way home this past fall, driving in my car and photographing as I drive...hmmm sounds a bit risky-like behavior. Video to follow.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Vanessa said...

WOW, beautiful piece. The colours in the sky are really captivating.

12/20/10, 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only the wonderful choice of colours but also this composition is great

12/21/10, 12:53 AM  
Blogger Oli said...

Love it, great color scheme, it looks so easy to me. Wonderful work.

12/21/10, 5:43 AM  
Blogger loriann signori said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the abstract qualities balanced by the pure beauty of the scene.
Driving while texting can not compare to the level of "distracted driving" a landscape painter takes part in. Confession, I do the same thing... we need to
have drivers so we can record beauty (camera or note taking) while driving.

12/21/10, 8:23 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Vanessa, Glad you like it. I'll have a video of the painting process next post.

Rahina, Thanks. I figured the sky's quietness would help to ease the busyness of the street below.

Oli, It was easy...oops, am I supposed to say that?

Loriann, Thanks! I've admired your skies in your past posts and wondered while I was painting this just how was I going to put some neutrals in it?
Can't pass up a good scene when you see one, huh?

12/21/10, 10:56 AM  
Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

Brenda....ooooooooo this is good good good. I really love the big and small shapes. Contrasty and dramatic.

12/21/10, 8:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Celeste! It's great to get such a good response on this one.

12/22/10, 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home