6/5/13

Old Warrior, 8x10 and more...

Old Warrior, 8x10" Pastel

Me in Monterey on the pier painting "Old Warror" with 
Thomas J. Kitts and Hai-Ou Hou (not shown)

So much time has passed since my return from the Plein Air Convention in April. Loads of super good things are brewing here in the studio as well as with my family. Juggling more bowling balls this past May and I can feel the pressure building into June and beyond. I am loving my productive life, the joys of being an artist are plentiful and I am ever so grateful for each day.

On the home front, my daughter of 18 is going to graduate from High school this Saturday and I am proud to say she has earned herself a substantial amount of scholarship money to Pacific University.  Can you say happy parents? Yup. The only thing that still needs to happen is for her to get her drivers license. I can't figure out why kids these days aren't hungry to drive?

In the studio, I have been finalizing contracts for 4 events. This means paperwork and organization are first over painting.  One in particular is the Umpqua Plein Air  event in September and I am pleased and honored to be this year's juror.  Held in Roseburg, OR, a painter's paradise, this show is well organized and supported by many volunteers. If you would like to try your hand at plein air or have never participated in a plein air event, then let me encourage you to consider this one as it is not juried, and you will have a great time painting along with many talented artists.


Another event that I am really "stoked" about is a Plein Air group show in August/September with Northwest artists Michael Orwick, Don Bishop and Ramona Youngquist and myself at ART Elements Gallery.  We have been busy securing advertising as well as an article in the popular art magazine Southwest Art, as well as planning outings to paint for this show. There will be vineyard painting demos and a few other great ideas that are still in the works.

I am also preparing for 3 workshops:

1-day workshop on Painting Water, Sunday June 30th
Click HERE for info

3-day Pastel Inside & Out workshop, Sept 21-23
Click HERE for info

3- day Pastel Punch! workshop, March 21-23, 2014
Click HERE for info
(info may not be posted yet as this contract was just signed)

There is so much more to share but it's getting late and I'm tired eyed. I hope to post more as I go along, even if it's just three words. Over and out.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

Great post, Brenda...love that boat! Congratulations on being selected as the juror for Umpqua! What a nice area for painting. Congratulations, too, on getting your youngster through high school and off to college! Major accomplishment!

6/6/13, 6:25 AM  
Blogger Sergio Lopez said...

I really like this one Brenda! Has a nice "sparkle" to it.

6/7/13, 10:16 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Celeste, just trying to do my best with family and my art. A fine juggling act!
Sergio, liking the "sparkle" comment. Wanted to try to capture the warmth of the Monterey sun.

6/7/13, 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home