11/3/14

7-week Pastel series at OSA

Demo of alcohol wash underpainting

The Oregon Society of Artists has asked me to teach pastel on an ongoing basis so I have put together a 7-week series that runs continually until April of 2015. I'm in the final stretch of my first 7-week series and it sure has been a wonderful class. I'm finding that teaching is incredibly rewarding. I think it may become a little bit addicting. So, the next class series will begin Nov 25th and end on Jan 6th.  There is still room for 2 more students, so if you have been looking for a weekly pastel class, this may be your time.  Check out the info HERE.

Above is one of my demonstrations using an alcohol underpainting. It always makes for a lose wash that gives interesting variations and twists for me. We have studied mark-making, values, color theory, and we still have a few classes left to work out a solvent underpainting as well as a few quick timed pieces to get the juices going.  

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna T said...

Hi Brenda - I just read your article in the PJ and was so happy to see your work on the cover! Congratulations!

11/6/14, 1:49 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Donna! Yes, I just can't believe my piece "Stopping Point was selected for the cover! Truely an honor and humbling at that. Thanks for your comments iver the years. :)

11/7/14, 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home