12/12/07

Color Study #4


Color Study #4 5" x 7"

Today, I worked on another color study that is an analogous color scheme. Analogous colors are colors that neighbor each other on the color wheel. For this study, I chose to use blue and its entire range from blue, blue violet, red violet, and red and tints of these. I used a dash of orange for the rope, which causes a ton of interest because it is a compliment to blue. I found out that analogous colors can sometimes give artwork a lack of interest or create a calming feeling. Sounds kind of boring! So, that is why I put that bold orange rope in this piece and also the boat was going to float away if I didn't tie it down!
Here is my analogous palette.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home