3/7/08

Pittock Mansion reception


Pittock Mansion Ballroom with all the goodies


My work is displayed in the butlers' pantry.


A new patron, Mathew purchases my "Morning Citrus"!

Last night was a lot of fun! The Pittock Mansion and Broderick Gallery opened their doors to the public for the "Shadow & Light" show of plein air work. I attended the Pittock Mansion First Thursday because that is where all my work was displayed. Driving up to the mansion on a clear spring night, one would feel like royalty. Stepping into the main entrance, there was a crowd walking around and enjoying good wine and appetizers. What are they called...horses doovers? Anyway, the Mansion was beautiful with all the lights on and the hosts were ecstatic with the turnout and the show itself. Just about every room had a work of art, placed in the very room it was inspired. Mine was in the butler's pantry next to the plastic grapefruit! It sounds funny, but I thought the fruit was "real" when I took the reference photo! Ah, the deception! I finally had the nerve to pick them up, flashing back to my childhood and my parents telling me "do not touch that" and finding out that they are not real! After all that, I found out I sold a painting to a new patron Mathew, who works on the Mansions' committee for event planning. Tonight, I will be at the Celebration of Creativity artist's reception. Hope to see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home