1/7/08

Art of the Pittock Mansion


Grand Staircase, Pittock Mansion (with Halloween cobwebs)

Today I was asked if my quick color study #5 (posted 12/14/07) could be used in an email announcement for the Pittock Mansion's Art show~"Shadow & Light". This will be a joint juried show at both The Broderick Gallery and the Pittock Mansion on Portland's First Thursday, March 6th, 2008. I have formally titled the piece "Petit De'jouner de Blu" which literally translates to "Blue Breakfast". The juror will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons voted by visitors. I hope to enter 3 pieces, one which I am currently working a color study...to be posted later....and the other one is posted 12/11/07~Color Study #3. (Lemons)

Here are the details:

Show dates: March 1~31st, 2008 at Broderick
March 1~June 30th, 2008 at Pittock Mansion
Artist Receptions at both locations~March 6th, 2008

Broderick Gallery, 814 SW 1st Ave, Portland, OR
Pittock Mansion, 3229 NW Pittock Drive Portland, OR

Anyway, I hope to be at one of the receptions on March 6th. That will have be announced once I know where/if the pieces will hang. Oh, and the image above is the grand staircase dressed in cobwebs~hung for a Halloween tour.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on having your Color Study #5 selected for the post card. I have looked at #6 and #7 about a hundred times. I never get tired of looking at the stunning color.

1/9/08, 10:08 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Cindy!
Thanks the for wonderful compliments on these pieces!
I checked out your blog and your work is really awesome too! See ya online!
b

1/9/08, 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home