10/17/09

Cast Shadows: Pacific Northwest Plein Air Landscape"

"Tabor Firs" 12x9" Pastel on sanded paper Sold


"Color Stance" 12x16" Pastel on sanded paper. Sold

These two pieces were accepted into an upcoming show called "Cast Shadows: Pacific Northwest Plein Air Landscape" that will be held at the Aurora Gallery. Show dates are posted in the "Upcoming Events" section to the right.

Honestly, I have been to several art shows, but Plein Air work, by far, knocks my socks off compared to studio work! And believe me, I do plenty of studio work to be able to say this without shame. To me, Plein Air work is so much more spontaneous and colorful than my studio work and I believe this is because I'm painting against the clock, racing to get the images down before the shadows change or the light is gone. Spontaneous, yes...and fresh!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

spontaneous and fresh sums them up beautifully... your drawings always make me want to paint with those colours.
and good luck with the show:) r.

10/18/09, 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home