2/23/10

First Spring Stance, 5x9


"First Spring Stance" 5x9" Pastel on sanded paper

I admit, I am a fair weather painter!

That means I am a "whimp" when it comes to cold, wet, damp weather. On the other hand, I can stand the heat! Last year, I was out for 3 days in 103 degree temps plein air painting. I don't mind the heat, but the sun and my fair skin are not a good mix, so I am relegated to shady spots and umbrella wrestling.

Yesterday was a great day to go out to paint without an umbrella. Because Portland is mostly a damp place, it has been unseasonably dry for this time of year. Here is my take of a small park located in Beaverton just off of Murray Blvd. It was not a location that I'd have first picked, but after establishing a composition. it all worked out. Today it is back to raining, so I am in the studio for now...next to my heater!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Hi Brenda! Look at those great pink trees! Beautiful spring scene!

I've just given you the Sunshine Award for great blogging! Congrats on the beautiful opening of the Amato's Floral gallery space! All the best!

Check out my blog for details and be sure to spread the Sunshine! Katherine

2/23/10, 6:25 PM  
Blogger loriann signori said...

Beautiful new pastel. Love the pink and green arrangement. I can't believe you have so many Spring colors already!

2/25/10, 3:54 PM  
Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

This is a very beautiful painting!

2/26/10, 11:04 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Katherine and Lorianne!

Sunshine Award? I'll have to see what that's all about!?? Thanks for your kind vote! Amato's was a blast and we are so excited for what's in store for it!

Lorianne, we do have Spring! My daffodils (my fav flower) are now bursting with smiling faces. Spring is here, it's hear! :)

2/28/10, 7:50 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Hi Otis! That is a huge compliment coming from the plein air painter extraordinaire! :)

2/28/10, 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home