8/2/11

Curbsides headed to New York, NY!

"Curbsides" 12x9" Pastel on sanded paper ©Brenda Boylan

I've taken on a sort of self imposed break from the studio these past few weeks, even though I've been working on a few demanding things that are not so visual. I received notice a few weeks back that my piece "Curbsides" was accepted into the PSA's 39th Annual Exhibition.
I'm thrilled to be considered for this prestigious show held at The National Arts Club close by the Gridiron district in New York City. Maybe a flight out would be appropriate? Hmmm. we'll see. So, I've been preparing my shipment that will be headed across the US as well as framing and delivering plein air artwork for another show coming up at the Caswell Gallery. A lot of busy work and no time at the easel...bleh! And to top it all off, the weather is wonderful and the kids are home begging to do something interesting! It's a balancing act I tell ya! I"m also preparing for my return trip to the Pacific Northwest Plein Air Event in Hood River later on this August. Just hoping to get out into the great weather for a taste of more plein air before long.

So, here is my accepted entry "Curbsides" that is headed to Manhattan that I painted earlier this year, posted HERE. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marla Baggetta said...

It's a great piece! Well deserved recognition for it!!

8/3/11, 1:47 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Marla! I'm thrilled as a peach that this one got in! Woo hoo!

8/7/11, 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home