7/2/13

Headed to LPAPA and Easton!

"Urban Posts" 14x11" Oil

I just got notice (a long delayed one at that) that this piece was accepted into the LPAPA Best of Plein Air Show down in Costa Mesa! I am so thrilled and honored to be included in this show.  If you are wondering just what is LPAPA, it is the Laguna Plein Air Painter's Association and is a world class organization that is all about plein air painting.  Here is their website if you care to explore...  LPAPA


My boxes, all 5 of them, are headed to Easton, MD for the Plein Air Easton! event starting this coming July 13th.  It is supposed to be the best PA event in the US, attracting artists from across the plains and mountains to compete for 14 days in the extreme heat and humidity.  It took me a week to assemble and pack these goods, (don't ask why or I'll just bore you) and prioritize the shipment of the boxes. Inside are frames for 12x16 and 16x20 pieces...all to be adorned with pastel artwork.  I can't wait and hope I make it through this thing, as I hear it is not for the faint of heart.  Bring it on!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

How great is THIS??!! Congratulations, Brenda, both for the LPAPA show and Easton! Can't wait to see what you do in those 14 days. I bet it will be a fantastic experience. Way to represent!! :)

7/9/13, 9:31 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Celeste. I am writing this remotely from Easton and it is so "East Coast" with the traditional architecture and humidity.

7/11/13, 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home