9/10/11

Remainderings, 16x12"

"Remainderings" 16x12" Pastel on sanded paper. ©Brenda Boylan

...and here is a close up of the trees. Click on image to view detail.

I live in the outer suburbs of Portland and in this location comes crowded living spaces and congested traffic. You know the areas where they have been untouched by the plow that are few and far between? I look for these spaces with an eagle eye to see if I can pass it off in a painting. In my community there is this grove of trees that grows untouched by corporate development that offers a pedestrian trail for the local office employees to stroll on their breaks. It sits across from a movie theatre and strip mall with noisy traffic passing by. It's great to have these little green spaces close by to plein air paint. The last time I drove by this spot, the City Maintenance was mowing the wild grass, and just a few yards distance I saw a coyote standing in the newly cut grass observing the mower. It's nice to know there is still wildlife in this area, but they are few and far between.

In light of what September means to you, this month marks my 4th year of blogging. Where did the time go? Here is a link to my very first, yet very boring post. I hope you've enjoyed the anecdotes and adventures as much as I have enjoyed posting them to mark my progress. I thank all of you who have been brave and kind enough to comment on my posts, to those of you who who just like to drop by for some virtual refreshment, and to those new followers, welcome! Many thanks!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Vanlandingham said...

Congrats on your 4 years! Beautiful painting. Our area is the same...we take for granted all the farmland here. It seems like every year more is gobbled up.

9/16/11, 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this painting!

9/20/11, 1:44 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Kimberly. This painting is but a 7 min drive, and easily accessible. Hoping it continues to stand for years to come.

Hi Rahina, Thanks bunches!

9/21/11, 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home