10/19/10

The Cruise In Crossroad, Farmington

The Cruise In Crossroad, 8x6" Pastel on sanded paper

I did get a chance to get out yesterday to paint in the great weather we have been enjoying here in the Northwest. I whipped up a few pieces, this being the stronger of the two in a matter of 2 hours. Painted at the crossroads of SW Farmington Rd and SW River Road in an area called Farmington. I really like painting these little blips of mankind because it's just so boringly mundane, it could even be in your neighborhood. I'm able to get out one more day, tomorrow, making that 3 times this week! I'm telling you, the weather out here has been unseasonably warm and sunny and I'm just lovin' it!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey Klahn said...

I really enjoy the loose interpretation you are getting in all of these pastel on sanded paper pieces. Is it Wallis?

10/20/10, 8:16 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Beautiful!

10/20/10, 9:32 AM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Casey,
Yes, I'm using Wallis. I have a boat load of it from winning competitions, as well as the regional availability in my area (the Wallis Warehouse is located close by).

10/20/10, 4:11 PM  
Blogger Celeste Bergin said...

another great painting!

10/20/10, 8:57 PM  
Blogger Brenda Boylan said...

Thanks Mary and Celeste!

10/21/10, 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home